No Way To Edit My Posts

If you are having problems with the forum or need help using the features, then ask here!
N7AAX
Novice
Novice

No Way To Edit My Posts

Post by N7AAX »

Hello,

I have posted 2 items for sale and need to edit the prices but I have no "delete" or "edit" option buttons available to make the changes. I would also like my username in capitals. N7AAX

Thanks

Dave L
N7AAX
KA2ODP/7
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: No Way To Edit My Posts

Post by KA2ODP/7 »

Hi Dave,

When you view your post, there should be a series of icons at the upper right corner of your post. The first one on the left is supposed to show a pencil leaning at a 45-degree angle to the right. Clicking on that pencil icon should bring your post up in edit mode. Make your changes, then hit "Submit" to save your changes.
73 de
Bruce, KA2ODP/7
KA2ODP/7
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by KA2ODP/7 »

It looks like Jim (N7YO) will have to modify your user name in order to show it as "N7AAX". Those of us who are moderators don't have the ability to make that change.

It is not a unheard of request. Often times folks upgrade their license grade and get a vanity call sign. Then they want to change their user name to match their new call sign. I'm certain when Jim (N7YO) gets a chance, he will make the change for you.
73 de
Bruce, KA2ODP/7
N7AAX
Novice
Novice

Post by N7AAX »

Hi Bruce,

The only icons showing in my post are the exclamation point and a quotation mark buttons. The edit pencil and delete buttons are not available as they should be. In FAQ it mentions a certain time limit to edit posts. I think I am now stuck in that black hole.

Thanks.

Dave
N7AAX
N7AAX
N7AAX
Novice
Novice

Post by N7AAX »

Problem is,
the only icons showing in my post are the exclamation point and the quotation mark buttons. The edit pencil and delete buttons are not available as they should be. In FAQ it mentions a certain time limit to edit posts. I think I am now stuck in that black hole. It will take a moderator to activate those functions for my account. I wanted to modify the prices a bit. I posted those items on the club website to give local amateur operators first dibs on the equipment but because of all the problems I may have to use a different conduit to sell them.

Thanks.

Dave
N7AAX
N7AAX

Return to “Help Area”