Thank you Montana!

This is the place for discussions of a general nature that don't seem to fit in another topic area!
AK7WS
Novice
Novice

Thank you Montana!

Post by AK7WS »

Database Update :

Turned on the 'aging' function, it's set for 8 weeks, so any repeater that has not been edited or marked online within that time will show up as light gray. Feel free to click ONLINE if you know it's working and the tones/etc., are correct.

8 weeks is very short, but how often would you like to have info verified? Through normal use it's done automatically.

Now the search and sort can be exported in CSV format. I used the format that is RT Software friendly, so if you use RT software, you can just import it and click next,next,next and it's there... NOTE that your import might skip some lines because, like my radio, it can't program some frequencies that our out of the range of the radio, so RT software just skips that line. I imported a 30 mile range into my radios.

Links show as dashed lines on the map. Red if they are linked all the time, and blue if they are not! You can see the Intertie on the map, as well as two groups going into Montana. Soon AZ will be on the map also.

I have a new domain for the map!! Both of the below will still work, but the new one is easier to remember.

repeatermap.us or www.repeatermap.us or https://www.lndom.net/rpete

Or find the link on the voiceofidaho.org web site!

Please Help keep the data updated! Read the instructions, and lets make this a user-updated project!

The difference between a LIST and a DATABASE is that a list is managed by one person, usually with some "change data" form you have to send in.

This Database is active and is updated by everyone, so if YOU update the PL tone on a repeater (or anything else), it's updated for everyone! No list to manage, and as long as people use the site, it will keep the data updated.

Thanks! Lisa

Return to “General Topics”